Sublimation Printing is applying the sublimation inks on the surface and all this is being done with the help of heat press so as to provide the right combination of heat, time and pressure. The right combination aids in the conversion of the inks from solid to gaseous state which then enables them to undergo the penetration process where they make the surface sublimatable in order to form full colour image. The colour leads to the penetration of the surface of the item so as to provide colourful and long lasting outcome. Sublimation Printing is more suitable on polyester, polymer or polymer coated items. The solid dye converts into a gas at high temperature without even becoming a liquid. This high temperature also helps in opening the pores of the polymers which then allows the gas to enter. On the drop of the temperature the pores then close which makes the gas revert back to the solid state.
Sublimation Printing is said to provide the best results on synthetic fibres like polyester. The reason behind it is the high temperature which exposes the fabric to heat. Other fabrics like nylon will melt on getting exposed to heat. This process can even be used on cotton or other natural fabrics, but the result is not as good as polyester. The fabric may not turn out to be much bright and may tend to fade with passing days.
Sublimation Printing kit can also be of use for experiencing the process well on your own. The step by step Sublimation printing process is as follows:
1) With the help of a brush, stencil or spray put the design on the paper. In this case, the newsprints works the best as it is the best absorbent and is also thin. After putting the design on the paper let it dry for a while.
2) After it is dried properly you need to place the fabric on a flat surface with protective layers on the top as to avoid transfer of the ink beyond the surface.
3) Next to provide the proper finishing to the print, place a hot iron on the print and keep it till the paper turns out to be yellow and the transfer is completed.
This is one of the easiest processes of Sublimation. You can also opt for heat transfer papers where you can transfer the images using the ready coloured transfer papers.
With this process it is possible to imprint the image on sublimation paper using high quality inks accompanied with sublimation compatible inkjet printer. The process is as follows:
1) Create the image to be printed.
2) Print the image on the sublimation paper with the help of a printer that well supports the sublimation ink.
3) Make direct content between the item and the area of the fabric to be printed on a flat surface.
4) Press it hard with the help of a hot iron or any sublimation heating pad at your desired temperature.
5) After sufficient pressing remove the sublimation paper slowly and cool it to fix the print.
Get the right sublimation printing assistance as per your need:
Sublimation Printing if tried on fresh hands will not give you expected deliveries and that is why it is advisable to ask for the expert’s advice. We at Multivision are equipped with all the required sublimation printing machines and other equipments to help you with the perfect output. Contact us to get more idea on our working strategies and product range. Give us a chance to help you serve better.